I have been so so so...busy lately
that I haven't gotten round to doing
my dose of blogging to
Yes, definitely...shame on me!
But these past few months, I have conjured,
brewed & baked a lot
of new and tasty
foods, which I will try and slowly
show you have to cook it easily.
So, to get back into a nice evening simple light lunch or dinner,
or even starter!
How about an Elwynn Forest Salad.
Sounds good, doesn't it. And its so easy to make!
Elwynn Forest Salad
200g Greek Feta Cheese
Half a packet of Mixed Salad (I used an 120g of Watercress, Spinanch & Rocket Salad)
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
6 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 hand fuls of Broken pieces of Walnuts
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
1. Put some walnut pieces in a pan and gently toast the nuts until its slightly toasted and you can smell the nutty favours.
2. Next cut the Feta cheese on a chopping board into small bite size chunks.
3. Put some salad into two serving bowls (Or a bowl of your choice) and once the walnuts are slightly roasted, put it to one side.
4. Put the Feta cheese into the bowls with the salad in and then put in the warm walnut pieces.
5. In a small bowl mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper together & gently pour in each bowl some of the dressing. Mix well.
And there you go!
A light salad for a simple evening meal or lunch.